The bond between a parent and a child is special as well as very sensitive. The parent-child bond nurtures your child's overall development. This relationship is the foundation of your child's overall personality, behaviour, attitude and choices they make in life. This relationship plays an important part in your child's life.
Why is it important to have a positive and healthy relationship with your child??
• If you are having a healthy relationship with your child, your child is more likely to have a positive relationship with others. Which will help him individually as well as socially.
• Children feel safe and secure as they know that you are always there for them. It helps in building self-confidence in children.
• It helps to improve their social skills, develops their personality and emotional intelligence and improves mental health.
• It improves your child's performance socially and academically.
• Children get better at managing their emotions and situations.
Tips to strengthen the Parent-Child relationship:
• Always express your love, make your child feel valued and important and that you care for them and will always be there for them.
• Trust is the base of any relationship, if you promise them something then give your best to fulfil it.
• Give them your time and attention.
•Check on them regularly but without interrupting them.
• Spend time together as a family, eat meals together and play together.
• Develop values and discipline. They learn by observing and following you and not by listening to you so always look after your actions in front of kids.
• Listen and Empathize.
• Be a role model to your child. As your child will look up to you.
• Mutual respect is very important. It will teach your child that respect goes both ways and irrespective of age, gender and choices everybody deserves to be respected.
To build a strong future the foundation/ base needs to be strong. The positive and healthy parent-child relationship is that strong base. So nurture it carefully.
:- Priyanka Thokale is a content strategist and a blogger for Clapstore. She is an entrepreneur and has her handcrafted skincare brand. Currently, she's pursuing MBA in Marketing and also heading towards her passionate path of writing. She takes pride in providing the best content possible and expressing her perspective on the changing scenarios.
Disclaimer:- The opinions expressed in the post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of the Clapstore.